Translate

New an amazing!!!

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 – $49.99!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Mendoza Week 6

My first video "a Starbucks moment"


Let’s start the week with a bit of bla, bla, bla, on Monday I went to Carrefour to buy 2 chairs for our balcony and one rack to dry my stuff as our washing\drying machine is very slow on the drying side!
I got the stuff and asked for delivery, and the answer was NO, I was surprised as we got them to delivered our TV and office furniture, I try to explain that I couldn’t bring it home, no car, too big for a regular taxi and bla, bla, bla, they got tired of my complaints, call the store manager, and like any store manager that want to please the customer he agreed, did all the paper work himself, and I received the goods the next day at exact time the manager told me, fantastic service from Carrefour.

Marc relaxing on the balcony, really like the new chairs.

I spoke with my friend Craig on Tuesday he told me that his purse had been stolen, he left it in a public bathroom on Mendoza DT pedestrian street, a very busy place, he said that he went back after 2 hours a bit late, anyway he was pretty upset not that he had anything in it, but the purse itself was very expensive it’s a fashion trend here and it’s very expensive. Few hours later Craig called me back and told me that a business man found the purse bring it home to make sure it was safe and called him and told him that he was going back to DT and will be please to bring it back. There is a lot of thieves everywhere but a lot of great and honest people too!

Wednesday night we went to Leon to meet with another of our friend Karl, I was telling him that I was looking for an ice pack to do my shopping of ice cream, meat and fish, he told me that I will not find such item in Mendoza, but he got an idea as he is also doing a lot of shopping on foot, he used an injury icepack from the pharmacy, inexpensive thinner and more flexible, never thought about that, I am going to get a couple!

I asked Karl if he knew where I can find a crockpot, he said that he never saw one, and he lived here the past 16 years, my chance to get one are extremely limited, but Karl told me that he was going to ask custom if it’s possible to buy online and get stuff from Alibaba, it will be great. It way too expensive to bring items from the US or Canada, but from China it’s another story.

I am trying to get information on the Real Estate market in Mendoza, they are building a lot of new condo, but it’s not easy to find out pricing, I sent request for pricing, not sure I can get answers if I don’t have a meeting with the builder, but so far I found that the price for a new one bedroom, one bathroom, 450sq feet non furnished Condo in my neighborhood, “La Quinta” goes from $75USD to $85USD, for 700sq it’s about $95USD, I couldn’t find nothing for a 2 bedrooms, 2 baths unit, I asked around for our own unit, and as it is fully furnished it is probably around 150, 160USD.
A lot of new construction in Mendoza


I guess it’s very difficult to put a price in pesos as the pesos is not stable, that’s probably the reason they won’t give any pricing. 

That’s bring me to my next topic Argentina Blue Dollar, since the government limits how many dollars anyone in Argentina may obtain, an informal, parallel or black market exists where people may also exchange pesos for dollars. People are willing to offer more pesos for each dollar in the informal market than is required to obtain dollars in the formal market. This informal exchange rate is known as the Argentine blue rate and it is getting out of hand as the blue dollar rate is now over 15 pesos per 1USD. I don’t know what the government will do, but they may act before the touristic season. It’s not legal but in a way it’s also not illegal as there is no law on the matter as now, thing can change rapidly, as the government may decide to make it officially illegal!!!

I took the bus and went shopping to Palmares “Mendoza open air shopping mall”, a lot of Palm trees, great summer fashion, Starbuck, great restaurant, very neat a bit too far for me, 45min bus ride, the city is planning a new expansion of the Tranvia, Mendoza surface train to get to Palmares and more wineries by 2015.

Summer Fashion is out





 
Quite expensive, a lipstick for 399pesos!

Starbucks at Palmares

The weather change, getting darker and windier


Have a great week, we have meeting with our new doctor tonight, great coincidence, I am feeling sick another Mendoza cold.

To get Perfect Effect 4 for Free click on the link on the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment