The list of steps to use to do this kind of abstract.
- Start with any photo doesn’t matter the subject, look at color you like
- Filter > Pixelate > Mezzotint > Medium lines
- Filter > Blur > Radial blur (slider = 100, blur method = zoom, quality = best)
- Repeat step 3 up to 5 times, as desired,
- Duplicate layer
- Remain on original layer. Filter > Distort > Twirl (angle value = +80 or as desired) I don’t go over 120, but you can do whatever you like, try different angle.
- Select new layer. Filter > Distort > Twirl (angle value = -80 or opposite of step 6 angle value)
- Alter new layer’s blending mode to lighten
- Save a Psd,
- Flatten image
- Modify if needed, color, hue and saturation, cropping, whatever you want to do.
I normally use a large resolution file that way I can crop into it.
I learned it from this page,
To get Perfect Effect 4 for Free click on the link on the right of the page