Soup, the comfort food, in winter time, nothing better than having a great bowl of soup with a multigrain slice of bread!
As a busy woman, like all of us, I always buy great store/ homemade soups and add to it.
I always use 2 containers, about 5 cups, that way I have left over for the day after lunch.
4 of my favorite variation,using Safeway Signature Cafe Soups & Happy Planet
- Bella Minestrone
- Gourmet Mushroom Medley
- Pacific Coast Clam Chowder
- Thai Coconut Soup
Ingredients that I add to all of them,
200 grams of frozen spinach , 100 grams of frozen or fresh kale, 1/4 cup of any kind of lentils, most of the time I used sprouted lentil trio, 4 cloves of garlic minced, sea salt and ground pepper,
First heat the soup, slowly don't rush it, when hot don't boiled it, add the frozen spinach and kale, that will bring the temperature down, it will take about 10 min to bring it back to hot at a medium slow heat, next add the lentil, garlic salt and pepper, let it cook for about another 10 min.
When that's done I add ingredients depending of the type of soup,
"Safeway Signature Cafe Soups"
|Bella Minestrone, Canon 5D Markiii, 100mm f4.5, 1/30sec ISO 1250, manual setting, camera on a tripod, no flash, used window light and a white reflector in front of the plate|
- Bella Minestrone , cooked meat balls, 3 to 4 per person depending on their sizes, 3 to 4 Fresh mozzarella balls, let it heat for about 5 more minutes, serve and sprinkle with any kind of shredded cheeses.
- Gourmet Mushroom Medley Soup, added fresh roasted mushroom in olive oil or butter, any kind about 8 ounces, one big or 2 small boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts cut in bite size, 8 to 12 cooked baby yellow gold, red or purple potatoes cut in half, let it heat for about 5 more minutes, serve and sprinkle with any kind of shredded cheeses.
|Gourmet Mushroom Medley Soup, Canon 5D Markiii, 100mm f8, 1/60sec ISO 250|
Flash and camera manual setting, camera on a tripod, using my flash on a small tripod at 11pm bouncing of the ceiling,
used a white reflector in front of the plate
- A container of each Pacific Coast Clam Chowder & Gourmet Mushroom Medley Soup, that way it's not as rich, this one is different, it depends what type of fish I have on hand, first I add roasted mushroom about 8 ounces, baby cooked potatoes 8 to 12 cut in half, one 142g can of rinsed baby clams, after it depends, last time I added 2 small fresh cod filets about 5 ounces, took only about 4 minutes to cook, but I also used cooked shrimps and cooked crabs in the past. It's good anyway, even if you add only the clams let it heat for about 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Thai Coconut Soup, one big or 2 small boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts cut in
bite size let it heat for about 5 more minutes.
Thai Coconut Soup, Canon 5D Markii 100mm, f9, 1/125sec, ISO 320
manual exp. and manual flash 1/1 +3 at 2pm bouncing to the ceiling and a white reflector in the front, my Camera on a tripod
Great supper delicious, fast & healthy