Translate

New an amazing!!!

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 – $49.99!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Cumulus Congestus Cloud Over Okotoks


Cumulus Congestus very impressive, Canon 5D Markii, Canon 24-105 at 35mm, f13, 1/200sec, ISO 200


I remember that day, driving back from the grocery store, couldn’t wait to get my equipment to shoot this amazing cloud, a rare occurrence in Okotoks. This kind of cloud appears when the atmospheric conditions are ‘unstable’. This means that the way the air temperature changes with altitude tends to encourage the rising column of warm, moist air at the centre of the cloud to keep lifting higher and higher.  This kind of cloud produced heavy rain, I had to act fast, time was the essence and I had get the shot before the wind and rain started.

Cumulus Congestus very impressive, Black and White using onOne perfect BW, Canon 5D Markii, Canon 24-105 at 35mm, f13, 1/200sec, ISO 200
Lucky for me it was close by my place, took me about 10 minutes to get set up, I was able to shoot for only few minutes before the wind kick in, too strong to continue shooting even with my sturdy tripod, when out shooting weather condition, never put yourself or your equipment at risk, some condition like that one, shooting in the middle of open field became too dangerous for me to pursuit.
I was very happy that I had the opportunity to shoot that majestic cloud, never had that opportunity to shoot another one since!


Cumulus Congestus using my lens to get closer, Canon 5D Markii, Canon 24-105 at 67mm, f13, /320sec, ISO200

 
Cumulus Congestus using my lens to get closer, Black and White using onOne perfect BW, Canon 5D Markii, Canon 24-105 at 67mm, f13, /320sec, ISO200

To get Perfect Effect 4 for Free click on the link on the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment