Translate

New an amazing!!!

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 – $49.99!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Testing Multiple Exposure

 Canon 100mm Macro at f2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 200 3 shots
This feature was one of the reasons I change my 5D Markii to a Markiii, I'll speak about the other features like HDR possibilities in another post, need to get out and shoot some more HDR first.

Multiple exposure is very innovative, I was jealous of Nikon shooter for many years and was thrilled when I heard about this feature being added to the Markiii. I still have to experience it more, and will write new posts when I have more examples, and tried new techniques with it.
Canon as a lot more models that have this  feature, like the 6D,  in the future it will probably be added to all new EOS cameras.
Following the article on my last post, my own setting for multiple exposure is;

• ON: function/control, I like to be able to see what I am doing, using life view, and carefully adding each exposure to do my composition.

• Exposure Setting "Average" , It seems that this setting gave me the best result, it blend very well, I will try the other settings next time I am out and about, and let you know about the results.

• No of exposures: 2 to 9, depending of what you intend to create, the choice is there, on my sun shot I used 9, on my tulips only 3, this is something to play with, start with 2 and work your way up.

Canon 24-105 at 105mm, f4, 1/50sec, ISO 1600, 9 shots, added reflection in Photoshop.
• Save Source Images, I always save my source images, if I need to make change in photoshop later, of if one of the shot is a keeper by itself, who knows, when doing multiple exposure I used a 32G card, enough space to keep everything.

• Continue Multi - Exp; Continuously, this is just to keep your camera in the multiple exposure shooting, same setting, when I decided to experimented with multiple shooting no need to go back to normal shooting before I am done!


Select previous image of a woman, added one exposure of the sky

• Select Image For Multi. Expo.; The image select has to be from the same camera, and cannot be modified, it means no highlight tone priority, took me a while to figure this one out! I have only one example for now but will try this feature again in an a near feature, the results will be part of my next post on multiple exposure. This is an creative feature, and I will experiment it and keep you updated of my find and will post my result and observation by the end of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment