Translate

New an amazing!!!

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 – $49.99!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mendoza Week 9



The weather is getting very warm in beautiful Mendoza, between 28 and 35C this week, it’s also very dry.

Thanks to my friend Gisel, I got some shots of me, This is the kind of bottle I need for a week!

I start my week visiting Lopez Winery, I was with my friend Gisel, we took the train to the last Station Gutierrez in Maipu, the winery is only 2 blocks from it.
It’s only buildings, where they process the wine and a restaurant apparently it’s very good, will have to try it next time.

Thank you again to Gisel, this is my kind of bottle for the month!


This is my yearly dose, a real dream!!!

Basically it’s a great place to visit, cost nothing to do the tour, taste 2 wines one white and one red, the white one was a Sauvignon Blanc and it was very good, the red was a very good Malbec, after doing the tour you get 15%off on the wine you buy, I bought the Sauvignon and a small bottle of Grappa mix with honey, the cost 40 pesos, hard to beat! 




The best part is that it is accessible easy train ride that cost only 3 pesos, no tour to pay, and you get a discount, I will go back to take more photo in a couple of weeks, and for sure buy more wine!


















We had a meeting in midweek with the representative of a printing co. as we need to get very large prints, we assumed that we were meeting with a large printing co. their website looks pretty good,  we had to get downtown we had the address and the phone number on hand, we decided to walk there.
We arrived on time, rang the bell no answer we figured that he was late, that’s happen quite a bit in Argentina, we waited for a while and a guy showed up, we introduce ourselves, he seems confused but let us in, I knew something was wrong when he asked us to sit in his recording studio, not exactly what we were expecting.  I explained to him why we were there, he looked at us and said, you got the wrong guy, and the wrong place, and we were very confused as we had that address as the place to meet.  
This guy help us out, introduced us to the owner of a small photocopy co. that spoke perfect English, he tried to contact our printing guy by phone, that didn’t work, finally we decided to take the cab back home.
As we were walking toward the taxi stand, a guy was running toward us, and yes it was Alejandro the printing co rep. We asked him where about was his office, as Marc my husband that is handicap really needed to sit, believe it or not he didn’t had an office, he asked us if it was ok to sit at a coffee to discuss our needs, and we agreed.
It was a complete loss  of our time, as this guys was not representing a large co. his website is all bogus, he works from his home, and his work is not at all what we were looking for, he is the kind of guy that print restaurant menu, and business card.   I had to see the positive side, practicing Spanish for half an hour.
We took the cab back and get directly to Leon Café Bar for a cold one. Our friend Karl, an old German guy that live in Mendoza for the past 16 years was there and told us that he knew a place where we can have high resolution printing. The following morning I went and Karl was right, a real photolab  even if the limited size is only 34” wide, it doesn’t matter, we will reduce the size of our file and that’s it, it was like a dream I was so happy, we should have our first print done next week, we want to have the photo mount on thin wood, no frame, we have to see how that will look, hope that it will work.

Since we arrived I am searching a measuring cups and spoons set, impossible to find, our friend Angelo “Chef Angelo” that knows everything about food and where to find cooking stuff told me that you cannot find such a thing in Mendoza, but the good news he had a spare set that he gave me, funny that they don’t have it here, not sure how they measure their stuff!  

Gisel and her mom, 2 beautiful women.
Friday I worked for my friend Gisel, she was having her graduation ceremony, she is a doctor since a while but the ceremony wasn't done yet. I arrived at the university auditorium around 8:15am, it was very busy with the new grads and their family, I was getting a bit stress as Gisel wasn't there yet, she arrived around 9am, her taxi was late, she looked like a million box a real star, I was very happy and relived!
I had in my mine that they were going to do it with black gown the academic style, I was all wrong, all the new grads were dress as they wanted, and Gisel had a beautiful dress with matching high heel!

After all the formality, we were able to do some shots inside, very difficult situation, no space to move, extremely packed with people, but we manage to take good ones, after what we went outside to finish the shooting session, it was a lot better outside as we had more space to move and better light.


Gisel, she looked like a star!!!
It was a great experience, I did a lot events in the past, but never like this one, this was more like photojournalist, no space, bad lighting, difficult environment, unknown, a real trill!!!

I will do it again if I have the chance, such a great experience, I loved it!!!

Gisel and I, thank you to her friend for that shot!

Gisel and I, thank you to her friend for that shot!
 


To get Perfect Effect 4 for Free click on the link on the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment