Translate

New an amazing!!!

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 – $49.99!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 7 Mendoza, part a "family"




This week post will be very different as I didn’t write a lot this week, and didn’t go out as much either.

It will be in 2 parts, part a about my family, and part b about Mendoza.

This week, I got a big cold, that kept me inside, and I lost someone very close, it was and still very difficult.

I lost Rene, my dear step father,  I always considered him as my father for the last 40 years. It was also a great friend, it's a big lost, for all of the family, we will miss him so much.

Our small family my twin sister Sylvie, my mom Madeleine and myself were very fortunate to add Rene family to ours, it was a blessing, getting a father and 2 more sisters Johanne and Martine and 1 brother Yves, from a family of 3 to a family of 7, so many great memories, and so many to come, we are very close, and love each other dearly.

All of the pictures in this post are very old, and were took by different members of the family in different events.



My mom and dad during one of their visits in the West.

Part of the family during one of my visit in the East.


My 3 sisters and I.
I passed the week being very concerned about my father health didn't sleep well.

He got hospitalized few weeks ago, and the diagnostic was not good not good at all, 2 cancers lungs and brains with a multitude of tumors and metastases. I had a lot of hope as they were going to try radiation treatments.
The first and only treatment was Thursday Sept. 25, and he didn’t react well to it.
He passed away a week later at age 85 early morning Oct. 2.
I have a lot of great memories, great family gathering, so much laugh, so much love, and I am glad that he left peacefully, and that my 2 sisters Martine and Johanne gave him so much love and compassion during the last few weeks of his life, he enjoyed life at the fullest and I will miss him so much, he will always be in my heart.  

In one of his favorite place visiting Banff AB.

He was also a great friend, I will miss you so much, love you.

It was very difficult to be that far away during this time, it happened so fast nobody had time to react, I realized that he was dying only few days before he died, I think I didn’t want to believe that he was leaving us, I didn’t want him to die, I know he is in a better place, and will pray for him.
I feel very grateful to have such a great family, I cannot wait to go back home to hug them all, especially my mom, it will be very difficult for her to live without him, a lot of rehabilitation, after that many years as a couple they developed their love and were best friend, she lost her best friend, that is the worst that can happened. I am relieve to know that she is also surrounded by love during this difficult time.

It was very difficult to write about this event, difficult to find the right word to express my feeling.

I had to write this small post as it is a very important part of my life, I love my family and I am  very grateful, thanks to my sister Martine, Johanne, and my brother Yves for providing so much love and support to my mom and dad during this time.

Love you all,

Diane:)))


To get Perfect Effect 4 for Free click on the link on the right of the page

4 comments:

  1. My sincerest sympathy to you because of your daddy's death and my condolences to your mom.
    I know how difficult it will be to settle with the bereavement, The pain will take a long time, but it will pass.
    Take care about yourself,about your husband and remember the best moments with your dad.
    Sincerely yours, Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my friend, thank you for your support:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toutes mes sympathies chère amie, il avait pourtant l'air bien lorsqu'on s'est vu cet été. Bon courage à vous tous, Je pense à toi, Sylvie et ta mère. Danielle Gravel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Danielle, ca l'a ete beaucoup trop vite on a encore de la difficulte a le croire, ca vas prendre du temps, beaucoup de temps, on vas venir faire un tour l'ete prochain, a bientoto:)))

    ReplyDelete